Sunday, February 19, 2006

I am going to knit some baby pants. I was very sure of this until I got to the part that gave instructions to knit 'em.
Apparently my inability to follow simple instructions (or in my case, destructions) has carried over into my knitting. This gives me two options. Or three. 1: I can scream hysterically and bury the evidence of my ignorance deep in the trashcan. (Tempting!) 2: I can drive smarter knitters crazy trying to explain these quantum theories that are blithely called patterns. 3: I can do what I usually do-bury the destruc..umm... instructions in the bottom of the trashcan and make up my own pattern as I go.
I like the third choice, it's always an adventure and someday I'll learn to follow a pattern without weeping helplessly amid piles of yarn.
AND...I'm going to make myself a sweater. Or I will as soon as I figure out where Corky spit out my homemade (yes...it's homemade, suits me fine, is biodegradeable and toothmarked by the pooch) cabling needle. Oh...that and I learn how to cable where I'm supposed to. I'd rather do one in Fair Isle but the yarn I happen to have is a dark green wool. And some brown, couple grey...no..I don't buy yarn with a project in mind, I buy yarn that that feels wonderful and wants to cuddle.
Fair Isle is wonderful fun, by the way!! And for the first time in my life I'm so VERY thankful to be ambidextrous! It makes things easy and neat! Maybe this week I can get more nice colors to complement the dark green.

No comments: