Friday, February 24, 2006

I found my next project finally! It's a lovely hat, top and pants set for baby Anna, done in waffle stitch. I don't plan to use waffle stitch for mine tho, I'd like three little cabled owls on the shirt or perhaps a color pattern instead.
I'd post the pic of it, but the URL doesn't paste well at all, so not sure I should use someone else's pic without that. I'll just wait and post my finished work instead. Suspense is good!
My pretty new sock yarn arrived yesterday from Knitpicks.com, but...I need a new set of dpn's to accomodate it. I'd love to find some size 3 USA Inox dpn's. I haven't used Inox yet, it would be fun to try them.
Yep, I'm obsessing quietly with my yarn so the usual chaos at our house won't drive me mad. And it's going to be chaotic for quite a while, since two of our kids are planning to combine their family efforts to revive our old home. (My husband and I moved from there to a wee, cozy cottage with 20 acres for our retirement, all of four miles away!) It's a monstrous house on about 11 acres and we're all oddly fond of the place, so we cling to the fantasy of restoring it. I love the pond there...lots of memories of kids and moonlit swims on hot summer nights. The old swamp willow that shaded our favorite fishing spot finally surrendered to age and my husband made a beautiful wooden jug from a little of the tree. So it really isn't altogether gone.
And now our grandchildren laugh and swim and fish in the pond while our children remember...

No comments: