Friday, October 27, 2006


I would be blogging, but I've been busy holding a memorial service for my lily bed. You can see why.
It's been busy all this week, altho for the life of me, I can't explain just what I've gotten done. Aside from a few more hats, they keep me sane when my fingers itch for knitting and I can't seem to count past a 3 stitch repeat without losing it. That probably would happen to anyone dealing with a 2yr old roaring thru the house gleefully attempting to round up 3 cats, couple dogs...
I did get a pie made tho. It was a nice pie. Brief, but nice...



Buttermilk Pie:
1 cup coconut
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk (yep..buttermilk)
1 stick butter (I'm fairly sure you can substitute cream cheese for the butter.)
1/2 tbspn vanilla
Cream the butter and sugar, dump the rest all together, mix up into ghastly, lumpy mess and pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Chill the pie before you serve it. It's yummy! You can experiment with adding lemon juice and zest to the ingredients for a nice change.

EDIT: Leave off the butter, replace that ingredient with 4 oz. (I use 6oz) or more cream cheese. Add a tblspn. of lemon or lime juice. Bake until lightly browned on top. It's a lovely pie and this change vastly improves our old family recipe.

No comments: