Monday, October 02, 2006



In answer to the question of what yarns I used, the shawl is WoolEase (I think by Lionbrand) and is a little wool/acrylic blend that survives lots of use. I used 6.5mm needles (us 10 1/2) or so..something big enough to keep the drape loose, but not so open as to loose the warmth. It hasn't pilled at all. The hats are from those single skeins I end up with and know not what to do with...(they multiply when I'm not looking) and I just finished another hat, in grey with a couple black stripes. Definitely a guy's hat. I seem to be dropping hats off my needles like the sycamore outside shedding its leaves. I'm sure it's because I'm avoiding the endlessly monotonous autumn red pullover....
My chair was handy for the backdrop since my poor camera is plugged into the wall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Woolease!!! Me and the girls were just saying we needed to get some of that 'OatMeal' colored to knit us some shawls for CHURCH! I don't know WHY our church is SO COLD! (on the inside of the building!hehehe)

Anyway? Atleast you're TRYING to knit a sweater! :o) Not me ... I'm all about knitting SOCKS!!!

Better get to it! I'm knittin' the girls' socks for Christmas while they are at dance! So my time is limited to Monday and Tuesday nights!