Sunday, October 01, 2006

Well, on the puppy news...Nelson (half Jack Russell, half Corgi, so a bit larger than we planned) came to visit from the Humane Society in Rockdale Co. Wonderful little guy, but sadly not for us. It was hard to take him home again, he attached to me completely, but bit at anyone that came near me and as he was already a year old, changing his habits would have been slightly harder. We have five grandchildren, all animal friendly types (they grew up with all sorts in our rural home.) and not given to pulling whiskers or annoying the beasties. Nelson is perfect for a quiet home with his own adult person. We continue our search for a sociable little goof that will simply keep my husband company and limit his aggressions to more minor expression. If we were looking for a doggie for me, I'd have immediately chosen the wonderful Beagle-Bassett 5month old pup. The perfect Gomer Pyle kid! We'd love an adult dog, since most people adopt the cuties, but we might have to consider younger ones too. On the good side, the extra socialization surely did a little to expand Nelson's world, and the hugs did him good too.

Then for some reason I knitted four kid's hats. I thought the Strata skein (the only skein left at our local Walmart) was the ugliest knit in the world, but when done, it's the kid's choice of the lot and is quite cool!! I'll have to get some more of that stuff, it appears to be relatively indestructable and not as scratchy as I thought!
I have to get some batteries for my camera, this is driving me nuts!~

No comments: